Rise of the superconnector
Presenter: Scott Gerber (@scottgerber) , YEC
Summary: Scott Gerber outlines the role of a superconnector in a big data world. After asking people who have 500+ connections on LinkedIN to recite all the name, we learn that that these connections are meaningless. When you treat your members like numbers you are fundamentally forgetting these people are human. Gerber leaves us with the idea if you can be a meaningful role for someone, you have a fan for life.
- Social capital is the most valuable currency in the age of social media.
- When building community, the #1 thing you need to focus on is who will come defend when your brand is under attack.
- Instantly turn strangers into like-minded friends.
- Always have the mindset "how can I help you" and "give before you take".
- "You can't fake real time" - Connectors have to put in the time to make relationships matter and have succe
What do we think?
Robin can help focus on the faces and meetings while it takes care of home nonsense. Remove the stress of setting up meetings, follow up files or looking for people around the office - we take care of that. Focus on the people.