Over the past few years the workplace has gone through a lot of transitions. We went from in office full time to working fully remote, and now we’re at a place where we’re doing a little of both.
Whether you’ve been operating on a hybrid work strategy for years or you’re just getting started, it’s always a good idea to take a temperature check and see how your teams are doing. Is your workplace strategy supporting their needs? Do they have the right tools and technology at home and in the office?
With the new year right around the corner, it’s time to check in with your teams and make sure you’re putting your best foot forward. The best way to do that? With an employee experience survey.
Why Make an Employee Experience Survey Now?
Workplace teams have an opportunity to make the office better than ever before.
The office isn’t a static place. There is always room for improvement, and honest and detailed feedback is the only way your workplace experience team will find out what’s working and what isn’t.
Listening to your team's needs and responding with adjustments helps build trust and can increase workplace engagement. Not to mention data plays a crucial role in measuring success and building vibrant hybrid workplaces.
The data you gather from an employee experience survey will help you create a workplace that caters to your people’s needs. That’s why it’s important to ask a mix of questions that cut straight to the point and get you the information you need.
To help you get started we created a customizable template with sample questions.
Before using this survey template make sure to copy and save this doc to your own records.
We outline three big-ticket items worth addressing in your survey, so you can collect feedback to help guide planning.
1. The Office
While some people are still working on finding a balance between WFH and the office, it’s clear that the office still has a purpose. Make sure your office is ready to support all of your people and primed to enable connection and collaboration with questions like:
- What type of work brings you into the office?
- When you’re in the office, do you feel like you have everything you need to get your work done?
- If you could change one thing about your day in the office, what would it be?
- When you go to the office, how easy is it to check in?
- How easy is it to book a hybrid meeting when you’re in the office?
- How easy is it to attend a hybrid meeting when you’re in the office?
2. Working from Home
With more people going into the office each week, the work people are doing at home is changing. Ensure your teams still have what they need to stay connected and productive when they’re not in the office with questions like:
- How comfortable are you in your WFH setup?
- How productive are you in your WFH setup?
- How easy is it to communicate with your colleagues?
- How easy is it to attend a hybrid meeting when you’re at home?
3. Resources and Technology
Confirm your new processes and updated workplace tech stack enable productivity and connection for your hybrid teams. What’s working? What isn’t? And what could be done better?
- What communication channels are the most effective for you?
- If you could add one other tool to our tech stack, what would it be?
- What tools do you use to connect with remote employees when you’re in the office?
- What tools are most valuable to you when you’re in the office?
- How well do you feel you understand our hybrid work policy?
- Do you feel like our hybrid work policies are clearly outlined and accessible?
- Anything else the workplace team should know about your experience working from home?
Improving Your Hybrid Workplace and Employee Experience
The evolution of the office has been filled with ups and downs, and it’s not over yet. Don’t be afraid to take your team’s feedback and try something new. It’s all about trial and error: you don’t have to get everything right on the first go.
If you’re looking for a simple way to build out an employee experience survey, Robin can help. Learn more about Robin’s workplace experience tools.