What Is Conference Room Booking Software?
Today’s hybrid teams need user-friendly, effective tools for staying connected and moving work forward. Adding conference room booking software to your organizational management resources can simplify the process of returning to the office.
Generally, this type of booking platform lets end users reserve flexible spaces like conference rooms, offices, and individual desks in advance. These tools can be accessed from a smartphone, tablet, or computer and the benefits are unmatched.
Conference Room Booking Software Features
Investing in room scheduling software can be a great choice for managing both conference rooms and individual workspaces in a hybrid office. Conference room management platforms typically have features such as:
- Interactive maps: Create a digital floor plan that matches your actual office, so users can easily navigate the platform and find an appropriate conference room for their next meeting or workshop.
- Real-time updates: Even the most well-organized teams occasionally end up with abandoned meetings – a conference room is booked, but no one ever shows up. Some conference room management tools have users check in when they arrive. If no one checks in after a set amount of time, the software can show other users that the room is available.
- Filters: Conference room booking software doesn’t just let users search for available spaces. It also allows employees to filter conference rooms by location, capacity, or amenities. This means that each user can quickly identify and book a space that suits their needs, without having to search all over the office in person.
- Utilization reports: Some booking platforms collect data on space utilization, occupancy, and booking patterns. This is a great resource for organizations that are assessing their office space needs and can help drive improvements for hybrid work setups and policies.
If you’re comparing a few different options, make sure the platform you choose has all the features you want, and that it’s scalable as your organization grows and changes.
Benefits of Conference Room Booking Software
The Washington Post reports that while about 47% of U.S. office workers have returned to in-person work, occupancy rates are still significantly lower than pre-pandemic levels. That means that managers need effective tools for managing a distributed workforce.
Using room scheduling software to manage conference spaces offers several advantages, such as:
- Frees Up Staff Time: Reserving meeting rooms and coordinating schedules can be tedious. A conference room management platform frees up your administrative staff, letting them focus on other priorities while giving individual staff members the autonomy to reserve spaces as needed.
- Centralized Information: Too often, meeting rooms are managed on an ad hoc basis. But conference room booking software democratizes your meeting spaces. With one central reservation system that employees can access from any device, it will be much easier to plan out in-person work days and avoid double bookings.
- Keeps Colleagues Connected: Most platforms let users view and reserve individual workspaces in addition to meeting rooms. That means that employees can book adjacent desks if they need to collaborate on a project, or plan their trip to the office based on when most of their team will be onsite. Employees can feel more connected to their colleagues – a major motivating factor in returning to the office.
- Tracks Utilization: Whether your whole team works onsite or you have a hybrid setup, you may be wondering if you’re getting the most out of your office’s square footage. Conference room management can track your space utilization and identify patterns in booking and usage. These insights allow you to better understand your team’s needs, s you can optimize your physical office space.
Some room booking platforms also let a user see who’s in the office and who’s working remotely. This is a great feature for team leaders who want to use meeting rooms for informal check-ins.
Implementing Conference Room Management Software
If you’re ready to roll out a new room booking platform at your enterprise, make sure you’re setting employees up for success. Take these steps before implementing your new system:
- Communicate: If you choose a user-friendly platform, your employees won’t need much training. However, you should take time to share how the new system works, what your room booking policies are, and where they can go with questions.
- Set Permissions: Typically, room scheduling software will let administrators set roles and permissions for individual users. This is valuable if you want to limit booking controls for specific meeting rooms, or if you want to assign conference rooms to individual teams or departments.
- Note Amenities: Ensure that your employees have what they need for effective, productive meetings. Mark each room’s features and amenities, such as a smart screen, modular furniture, or a conference phone. This helps users quickly identify the spaces that fit their needs when they go to make a room reservation.
Once employees understand policies and expectations, they’ll be able to quickly adapt to your new conference room management system.
Amplify Your Desk Booking Process
If you’re looking for ways to support in-person collaboration and give your employees more flexibility, you’ll need to utilize the right tools and technology. Conference room booking software makes it easier to manage your meeting spaces without burdening your administrative staff.
Employee can book the space they need, making it easier to stay connected with their colleagues and boost productivity. Build your workplace with your employees in mind and simplify the workplace experience for all.
To learn more about how Robin can support your company, schedule a demo today.