Growing too fast or growing too slow to getting it just right
- Angel Kwiatkowski (@cohereLLC), Cohere
- Lana Morisoli (@quiteessential), Makers
- Brad Krauskopf (@bradkrauskopf), Hub Australia
- Jamie Russo, Enerspace
- Benjamin Dyett (@benjamindyett), Grind
Summary: Coworking is all about the unique personal stories the panel shared on how they got started. Each story is different but a similar thread is replicating is tough. What can help is starting to build a community as a soon as you can in new spaces
- Coworking is locked into 30 days lease with members. You'll never have a set of member ready to move in when you open a new space.
- Hiring general managers for a new pace is essential or you'll fall behind.
- Difficult to make expansion plans when most people are month-to-month because it is an immediate need.
- Team rooms pay the rent and are a huge benefit for members.
What We Think? The key to expansion is to make key parts of the experience easy to replicate in new places. Robin can help create a consistent experience when you open a new location and help new members feel like they are not strangers to the community.