ICYMI: Product Updates in April 2017
Highlights from the past month or so, as seen in the official changelog.
Plugins for Google Calendar & Microsoft Outlook
Calendar plugins are here! Pull in more information about spaces, see photos, filter by availability and amenities while creating events right from your native calendar. See what the plugins can do in the announcement post.
Mobile v3 comes to Android
In April we ran a beta for the now-launched Android app. Last month’s mobile update post shared details on v3, which makes it easier to view and manage upcoming events, both in and out of the office.Get the updated version of the Android app and let us know what you think! If you’re transitioning from v2, here’s a handy guide to get you started.
A new start for meeting analytics
We made updates to the analytics engine, so you can identify trends in typical meetings and see growth over the previous month. Typical meeting trends give insight into individual space usage. We'll summarize things like "Good for meetings around an hour" based on how others are using the same space.
You can now compare total number of events and time spent in meetings to the previous month averages. Know when you need to expand your office. See an increase in the number of invitees per meeting? You might add more seating to existing rooms.
Recurring event settings - abandoned meetings
Admins can now control how many strikes a recurring event has before canceling the whole series. Strikes are consecutive missed meetings, freeing up space that no-show events have reserved. Settings are applied to individual spaces and a gracious admin could set a larger number of strikes before canceling, but we encourage ruthlessness.
Odds and Ends
- Web dashboard will now show times in the specific time zone instead of using whichever location you're physically in. Set your timezone via Account Settings.
- Some of you were confused when starting an event from search if your org hadn’t defined capacity in different spaces. We’ll now include spaces without a specific capacity defined in the search results by default.
- We'll now show both creator and organizer on event pages... if they aren't already the same person.
- Fixed issue where some event creators would lose the ability to delete their own events.
- Fixed issue where rate limiting would prevent some folks from logging in during peak hours.
- Organizations with Gmail accounts can now enable SSO for their members.
- Calendar view now respects browser time zone when opening the event composer.
- Fixed issue where admins couldn't remove their Slack integration once connected.
- Improved handling of complex recurring events.
- We now consistently refer to organization usernames the same way throughout the apps. Previously we were aggressive with our synonyms.
- Fixed some layout issues where tooltips weren't quite the right size.
- Fixed an issue where autocomplete would stop working while typing a full email address.
In no particular order, here's a few opportunities folks around the Robin office are thinking about next:
- We want to make room descriptions and filters useful for everyone visiting the office, like marking spaces as Accessible.
- It should be easier for you to compare meeting averages across different floors or campuses.
- Tracking how often people pick the right time or space for their meeting.
For a longer view, check out our public roadmap.